Why run this report?
- The report enables analysis of past and future expenditure and overhead recovery across a department's research portfolio.
- For each award-project combination returned, the report summarises in separate sections, expenditure within specified GL periods, expenditure since inception and the budget held.
- Each section of the report splits budget and expenditure data for direct costs into staff and non-staff headings. Data for overhead costs are split into FEC Directly Allocated, FEC Indirect, FEC Price Adjustment, Burdened Overhead and Residual Balance headings.
When should you run this report?
This report is recommended for running as part of the budgeting and forecasting cycle, and as required for other analysis of financial activity across the department's project portfolio.
How to run this report
Select the following parameters:
Please do not use a period before Aug-18 in the GL Period From or GL Period To parameters, as this will result in a report which does not include the full PTD cost. The PTD cost will only be correctly populated for periods after Jul-18.
Which outputs are available for this report?
- Excel - a simple list of data that can be filtered but has no totals.
- Excel Template - a printable and emailable "templated" format that can be edited.
Which roles have access to this report?
- UO Projects Departmental Enquiry
- UO Projects Departmental User
If you are unable to run the report, or the report is not giving you the expected output, please contact the Financials Helpdesk using the details below.
Hints and Tips
- Timing: The report uses data which is updated overnight so it will not return data for transactions posted the day the report is run.
- It is suggested that you use the Excel Template output as this has been formatted to improve the usability of the report.
What is included:
- Collaborative projects as well as On Hold/Pending Close projects. Closed projects will be included if they have expenditure in the report periods range. Users should bear this in mind when selecting data for analysis.
Remaining months figure: This is calculated based on the difference between the announced end date and the latest GL period specified in the parameters, it is not calculated with reference to the date on which the report is run. This should be borne in mind when analysing the data.