- Once fully approved and exported, expenses transactions are available to review in Oracle Financials through normal reports, for example:
- When reviewing transactions in Oracle, eExpenses transactions can be identified by the invoice number, which consists of the claim key from eExpenses followed by 'CONCUR', for example 43111766-CONCUR
- Oracle Financials remains the key source of information on transactions
Reporting on expenses
Details of available expenses reports, from both SAP Concur and Oracle, and how they are accessed or distributed
eExpenses is now live!
SAP Concur eExpenses is now live and available to all departments and participating colleges.
The SAP Concur 24/7 Support Desk is your first port of call for queries about using the eExpenses system. Contact them on 0800 389 8758 or via Help within SAP Concur which also offers a chat function.
For issues relating to accessing eExpenses please see Managing access to eExpenses for information on how staff, postgraduate and undergraduate students are set up and the forms needed to add and remove access if required.
Data on expenses exists in two systems:
- Oracle Financials: primary record of the transaction as reflected in the financial statements or reported to funders
- SAP Concur eExpenses: source data, including more detail on individual items and supporting evidence
Further information about reports customised for the University, including the purpose of each report, how to run it and a sample of the output is available via the menu to the left of this page.
If departments run their own eExpenses reports, these may not reconcile to expenses data in Oracle or provided on dashboards because:
1) In eExpenses, departments can run reports on claimants belonging to their department, not on transactions charged to their department. For example, if a Chemistry academic legitimately submits an expense claim to be charged to the Physics department, the transaction is approved by Physics, shows on Oracle as charged to Physics accounts, and appears on Physics Oracle reports and dashboards. However, it will appear in eExpenses reports run by Chemistry (not Physics).
2) If a claim is exported from SAP Concur eExpenses with an invalid code, it will not import to Oracle. If corrected by updating the code in Oracle, this will result in a mismatch between Oracle and eExpenses.
By August 2021, departments will have access to expenses information via the following dashboards and tools:
- User Access Dashboard: information on approvers, Preview Delegates and BI Managers. Review of this data forms part of process for managing access to eExpenses
- Month-End Dashboard: brings together data from Oracle and eExpenses allowing departments and divisions to take assurance over compliance with the Expenses Policy and principles, the efficiency of the process, and that approvers are carrying out checks appropriately
- Reports Analysis and Action Tool: information on expense claims not yet submitted or submitted and in the workflow to prompt approval where appropriate, or inform accrual calculations or budget monitoring
See the Dashboards webpage.
In addition to receiving information via the distributed dashboards, departments can run reports directly from SAP Concur by setting up a BI Manager (see Managing access to eExpenses for information about how to do this). Please note:
- Only one BI Manager can be set up per department
- BI Managers are assigned to claimants in departments and can view data on those claimants (not on transactions charged to the department)
- Only one BI Manager can be set up per department and are assigned at department level (there is no hierarchy in eExpenses to link departments to divisions or subdivisions)
- BI Managers have access to all standard reports available within eExpenses but, due to the way the University has implemented the system, it is not always straightforward to interpret data so caution is recommended
The BI Manager Reporting QRG (Quick Reference Guide) (PDF) includes information on how to run reports.
Tip - Web browser for SAP reporting
To avoid losing any features in SAP Concur (Cognos) please use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox when running your reports. Reports will still run on any other browser but Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox are the most compatible with Cognos.
Please note browsers other than Microsoft Edge are not supported by the FSSC Helpdesk, please contact SAP Concur if you require support regarding reporting features in Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox.
Claimants and their delegates, approvers and preview delegates are able to review details of relevant claims via screen enquiries. For example, a claimant can view their own claims while an approver and preview delegate can view claims in their approval queue or claims that they have already approved. Claims and associated receipts can be viewed online or printed (for example, for audit purposes).
For more information about different roles see Maintaining roles and data in eExpenses.
Log in to SAP Concur eExpenses
Only use this link, do not access via SAP Concur website. Re-click here if session times out
SAP Concur 24/7 support: 0800 389 8758
Try the app!
When eExpenses is live in your department, download the app and log in using:
- Verified email address or
- SSO (in format firstname.lastname@example.org) or
- University unique mobile code (95D6V7)
- Expenses claim form - Externals (xlsx)
- Expenses claim form - Externals (pdf)
- Taxable benefits expenses claim form (xlsx)
- Taxable benefits expenses claim form (pdf)
- Expenses claim form - Non-UK bank account (xlsx)
- Expenses claim form - Non-UK bank account (pdf)