Travel Claims and Emergency Contact

Expand All

  • If emergency assistance is required, contact Aon Protect Assistance (PDF) +44 (0)20 7173 7797.  You will be asked to provide your policy number which can be found in the applicable policy document:
  • Please note that the Emergency Assistance provider must be contacted in the event that emergency repatriation is required.
  • All incidents should be notified to your Departmental Administrator and the Insurance Office as soon as possible.  Notification to the Insurance Office must be made within 28 days of the incident even if you have not returned to the UK within that time.
  • It is a policy condition that you report any loss, theft or crime to the police or relevant security personnel immediately and obtain a written and signed report.
  • Select and complete the relevant claim form from within the adjacent list (Documents) and return it to the Insurance Office within 28 days of your return to the UK. Claims for the cancellation of any trip should be submitted within 28 days of the incident date. Failure to comply will result in your claim being refused.
  • In the event of a medical claim where you wish to keep the medical information confidential from the Insurance Office, arrangements can be made for you to submit your claim direct to the Insurer. Please contact the Insurance Office who will provide you with a reference number which will enable you to submit the claim directly.
  • All remaining claim documentation (e.g. police report, receipts etc.) is to be received by the Insurance Office for processing within 4 months of the incident date.

  • The insurance claim should not be confused with any other standard expense claim for the trip.

  • Please note, travel insurance claims will be paid in accordance with the University Expenses Principles and therefore the University’s Expenses Policy should be followed when arranging travel:

  • Where the settlement is to be made to the individual, payment will be made to the claimant's nominated bank account by BACS (account details to be entered on the claim form).
  • Where settlement is to be made to the department, please provide the departments full journal code so the reimbursement can be sent to the department. Please liaise with your Departmental Administrator for this information. 
  • Settlement will be made net of the standard policy excess of £50 (per person) or £100 (per person when travelling for more than 364 days).

Contact Us

 : Finance Division
      University of Oxford
      23-38 Hythe Bridge Street

      Oxford OX1 2ET


 : Motor, Travel and Engineering -
       01865 (6) 16078

       Buildings, Contents and Liability - 
       01865 (6) 16012

Did you know you can also call us via Microsoft Teams - (during Office Hours only)

 : Oxford Mutual Ltd
       Finance Division,
       University of Oxford
       23-38 Hythe Bridge Street,
       OX1 2ET