Travel Claims and Emergency Contact

Expand All

  • If emergency assistance is required, contact Aon Protect Assistance (PDF) +44 (0)20 7173 7797.  You will be asked to provide your policy number which can be found in the applicable policy document.  The link to the current document is: 
  • Please note that the Emergency Assistance provider must be contacted in the event that emergency repatriation is required.
  • All incidents should be notified to your Departmental Administrator and the Insurance Office as soon as possible.  Notification to the Insurance Office must be made within 28 days of the incident even if you have not returned to the UK within that time.
  • It is a policy condition that you report any loss, theft or crime to the police or relevant security personnel immediately and obtain a written and signed report.

Notification of a claim to Insurance Office is required within 28 calendar days of the incident date - Failure to comply will result in your claim being refused.

To make a claim:

  • Please select and complete the relevant claim form from within the adjacent list (Documents)
  • Please return the completed and signed form to the Insurance Office as soon as possible following notification.
  • All evidence in support of your claim is to be received by the Insurance Office for processing within 4 calendar months of the incident date including (where applicable) but not limited to:

    • Refunds for travel/accommodation costs where journeys are cancelled/curtailed 

    • Evidence of expenses incurred

    • Original purchase receipts where lost/damaged items are being claimed

    • Police Report/ Lost property report 

  • In the event of a medical claim where you wish to keep the medical information confidential from the Insurance Office, arrangements can be made for you to submit your claim direct to the Insurer. Please contact the Insurance Office who will provide you with a reference number which will enable you to submit the claim directly.

  • Travel insurance claims will be paid in accordance with the University Expenses Principles and therefore the University’s Expenses Policy should be followed when arranging travel: - although please note that the insurance claim should not be confused with any other standard expense claim for the trip.

  • Where the settlement is to be made to the individual, payment will be made to the claimant's nominated bank account by BACS (account details to be entered on the claim form).
  • Where settlement is to be made to the department, please provide the departments full journal code so the reimbursement can be sent to the department. Please liaise with your Departmental Administrator for this information. 
  • Settlement will be made net of the standard policy excess of £50 (per person) or £100 (per person when travelling for more than 364 days).

Contact Us

Main Insurance Email Address
Engineering Inspection Queries Only 
Did you know you can also call us via Microsoft Teams - (during Office Hours only)

 : Motor and Travel  01865 (6)16078

       Buildings, Contents and Liability 01865 (6)16012

Our Contact Address:

Oxford Mutual Ltd
Finance Division,
University of Oxford
23-38 Hythe Bridge Street,