Why run this report?
- For a summary of the Income and Expenditure transactions within the General Ledger at mid level, in order to review the financial status of your cost centre, department, division etc.
This report provides an income and expenditure (I&E) report at mid level, showing cost centre budget, actual spend and the variance between them for the cumulative year-to-date. It also shows last year's actual spend, the current year's budget, latest forecast(s) for the full year and variance between latest forecast and current year budget.
This report is distributed to save departments time and provide consistency in financial reporting.
How to run this report
This report can be run at any level: divisional, sub-division or department.
Enter the following information in the yellow cells:
- Period Name – should be the period as at the report is run (make sure it is text and not a date).
- Cost Centre – this may be a division, a 3-digit sub-division, or a 2-character department code.
- Activity – may be left blank, or restricted to e.g. 25 for external trade.
- Source of Funds – may be left blank, or a Source of Funds entered.
- Organisation – may be left blank, or restricted to e.g. 10 for University of Oxford only.
- Previous Forecast – select from the dropdown list the earliest comparative forecast.
- Current Forecast – select from the dropdown list the latest comparative forecast.
You may wish to change the Refresh options, for example to Hide Zeros or to switch off auto-fit.
You can use the Burst and Distribution options based on the Cost Centre or Source of Funds fields.
For full instructions on how to do this see the How To videos here.
Refresh the data in the worksheet.
Save the report with a different name.
Which outputs are available for this report?
The report runs in and produces an output in MS Excel. Use the Save As or Print As options to save to PDF if required.
Which roles have access to this report?
Everyone with full access to the SplashGL add-in can access this report and run as given above.
For users with read-only access to SplashGL, please use the relevant Quarter version listed, depending on which Forecast budget has just been uploaded.