Why run this report?
- For Income and Expenditure transactions within the General Ledger at Summary level, in order to review the financial status of your cost centre, department, division etc.
This FSG report provides an Income and Expenditure (I&E) report at Summary level, showing budget, actuals and the variance between them for the cumulative year-to-date. It also shows last years’ actuals, the current year's budget, and latest forecast(s) for the full year; as well as variance between latest forecast and current year budget.
How to run this report
When running these reports, always use your departmental General Ledger responsibility and enter one of the following:
- Content Set – this will give you an Excel worksheet per level selected, e.g. cost centre or cost centre parent.
- Segment Override – this will return a single worksheet covering the segment you requested, e.g. a single cost centre, assuming that it does not compromise your security access.
Take care when printing the PDF outputs to ensure that you use the “Shrink Oversized Pages” option.
Which outputs does this report have?
• Excel - a simple list of data that can be filtered but has no totals.
• PDF - a printable and emailable format that cannot be edited.
Which roles have access to this report?
Everyone with access to the GL module can access FSG reports.