Inc and Exp with Forecast Summary Level
Why run this report?
- For Income and Expenditure transactions within the General Ledger at Summary level, in order to review the financial status of your cost centre, department, division etc.
This report provides an Income and Expenditure (I&E) report at Summary level, showing budget, actuals and the variance between them for the cumulative year-to-date. It also shows last years’ actuals, the current year's budget, and latest forecast(s) for the full year; as well as variance between latest forecast and current year budget.
How to run this report
This report can be run at any level: divisional, sub-division or department.
Enter the following information in the yellow cells:
- Period Name- should be the period as at the report is run (make sure it is text and not a date)
- Cost Centre- this may be a division, a 3-digit sub-division, or a 2-character department code
- Activity- may be left blank, or restricted to e.g. 25 for external trade
- Source of Funds- may be left blank, or a Source of Funds entered
- Organisation- may be left blank, or restricted to e.g. 10 for University of Oxford only
- Previous Forecast- select from the dropdown list the earliest comparative forecast
- Current Forecast- select from the dropdown list the latest comparative forecast
You may wish to change the Refresh options, for example to Hide Zeros or to switch off auto-fit.
You can use the Burst and Distribution options based on the Cost Centre.
For full instructions on how to do this see the How To videos here.
Refresh the data in the worksheet.
Save the report with a different name.
Which outputs does this report have?
The report runs in and produces an output in MS Excel. Use the Save As or Print As options to save to PDF if required.
Which roles have access to this report?
Everyone with access to the SplashGL addin and has completed the relevant training can access this report.
: Financial Systems
University of Oxford
23-38 Hythe Bridge Street
: Raise a support call
: 01865 (2) 84800
: Contact Financial Systems
: Opening hours:
8.00am - 5.00pm
Monday - Friday (except Bank
Holidays, Easter and