Why run this report?
- For a detailed summary of the income and expenditure transactions within the general ledger at mid level, in order to review the financial status of your cost centre, department, division etc.
This report provides a detailed income and expenditure (I&E) at mid level, showing budget, actuals and variance between them for the current month and cumulative year-to-date. It also includes current year budget, latest forecast and last year's actuals.
How to run this report
This report can be run at any level: divisional, sub-division or department.
Enter the following information in the yellow cells:
- Period Name – should be the period as at the report is run (make sure it is text and not a date).
- Cost Centre – this may be a division, a 3-digit sub-division, or a 2-character department code.
- Activity – may be left blank, or restricted to e.g. 25 for external trade.
- Source of Funds – may be left blank, or a Source of Funds entered.
- Organisation – may be left blank, or restricted to e.g. 10 for University of Oxford only.
You may wish to change the Refresh options, for example to Hide Zeros or to switch off auto-fit.
You can use the Burst and Distribution options based on the Cost Centre or Source of Funds.
For full instructions on how to do this see the How To videos here.
Refresh the data in the worksheet.
Save the report with a different name.
Which outputs are available with this report?
The report runs in and produces an output in MS Excel. Use the Save As or Print As options to save to PDF if required.
Which roles have access to this report?
Everyone with access to the SplashGL add-in and has completed the relevant training can access this report.