If you think that a claim, summons or legal correspondence concerning the above could potentially arise after an event, you should contact the Insurance Office or Legal Services Office immediately.
To support the Insurance Office with the claims process, we ask that Departments:
- Carry out prompt and thorough accident investigation.
- Provide all relevant documentation and assist with the claim investigation process to enable the Insurance Office to comply with the timeframes set down by the Civil Procedure Rules.
- Forward details of any claim or potential claim to the Insurance Office immediately.
- Do not respond to any claim including acknowledgement.
- Do not admit liability for any incident.
- Do not provide any documentation to the claimant or their representative.
The following Departmental excesses will apply (Per Claim):
- Employers Liability - Nil.
- Public Liability - Third Party Personal Injury - Nil.
- Public Liability - Third Party Property Damage - £2,000.
- Professional Indemnity - £2,500.
Claims Portal: Important Information for Claimant Solicitors
The University of Oxford expects that all related notification of claims from Solicitors or Claimant Representatives will be by means of an electronic Claim Notification Form (CNF) submitted direct to its Insurer through the portal. The following information is provided to assist you in submitting public and employers liability claims directly via the portal:
Public Liability & Employers Liability insurance provider:-
Zurich Municipal Insurance
Zurich Municipal Claims
PO Box 3310
Royal Wootten Bassett
Policy No: NHE-18CA04-0023
Portal Compensator ID: C00108