How to claim expenses: claimants external to the University

New expenses claim form for external claimants

SAP Concur eExpenses will be live in Social Sciences division from 18 October, but check with your department when you should start using it for claiming most expenses.     eExpenses will be available for other departments and participating colleges from mid-November with individual departments (and colleges) choosing when to introduce it and when to stop accepting the current paper expenses claim form, in the window until it is retired at Easter 2022.  You should hear from your department or college when to start using eExpenses. If in doubt, check with your departmental or college finance or admin team.


If you are external to the University, the offline Expenses Claim Form (Externals) should be used. This can be completed electronically and emailed in, or a hard copy can be signed and scanned or posted.


Please complete the form in full. If there is missing information, payment may be delayed while this information is sought.


The University requires supporting evidence for all expense claims. This can be:

  • Original receipt attached to the paper form
  • Scanned receipt attached to an email submission
  • In cases where it was not possible to obtain a receipt or the receipt has been lost, a separate declaration should be made. Other supporting information, such as a credit card statement, should be submitted if possible


Once your claim is complete, you are asked to declare that your expense claim is legitimate. Please read the declaration, then either add your name to the form and email it, or sign a printed form and scan or post it to the relevant department.


If you need advice on whether you can submit a claim or on completing the form, please speak to your contact or the relevant departmental finance team.



for use until eExpenses live


for use when eExpenses live



Payment query: