This covers the end to end process, from issuing a new Prepaid card, and adding funds, through to the preparation of a reconciliation after travel. It also details guidelines for when spend is incurred and the required evidence for any such expenditure. There are 5 stages to the process as follows:
- Requesting the issue of a new Prepaid card
- Adding funds to a new or existing Prepaid card
- During travel – incurring spend
- After travel – completing reconciliation
- General Ledger reconciliation & journals (Department Finance Office)
Circumstances for making an advance
Advances can be requested where an individual may otherwise be significantly disadvantaged by using the expenses process. Wherever possible, direct payments by the University should be made (e.g. via a purchase order and/or invoice) before considering an advance request. Further information on the circumstances where an advance is appropriate can be found on the advances guidance page.