User Access Dashboard 2019
This Dashboard has been superseded by the 2020 User Access Dashboard
The following information is for the superseded 2019 User Access Dashboard
For information on the current Dashboard visit the Dashboards page.
The User Access Dashboard:
- Gives senior administrators a snapshot view of their departmental Oracle Financials systems access, providing a summary of their users and highlighting higher risk access or user access with conflicts.
- Provides detailed reports which can be used from within the dashboard to carry out relevant checks, e.g. identify gaps in the PO hierarchy where Project Tasks have been delegated.
The following guidance is available on this page:
- Gaining access - the Oracle Financials access required to run the User Access Dashboard and how to request this, and the Sharepoint link for the dashboards;
- Running the User Access Dashboard - how to prepare and update the dashboard, the detailed report parameters to be used for the multiple reports and how to resubmit and download these; includes screenshots;
- Working with the User Access Dashboard - how to navigate the dashboard, and points to consider and how to interpret the cards when reviewing the dashboard;
- Training for using the User Access Dashboard - how to access the training required for using the dashboard;
- Technical help, XL Connect and Dashboard troubleshooting
To run the User Access Dashboard, you will need the following minimum Oracle access:
|Oracle access required||Alternative (edit) access|
|UO User Access Reports||N/a|
When you have completed the required XL Connect and Dashboard training you will be given access to the SharePoint site where you will be able to download the dashboard, this link will be emailed to you and can also be accessed below:
It is important to set-up the dashboard correctly to enable the reports to run properly. The User Access Dashboard was released in August 2019; this is a new dashboard.
This guidance includes full details of the Oracle responsibilities to be used for each report as well as detailed guidance on the correct report parameters, it also includes how to run the User Access Dashboard on a regular (at least quarterly) basis. It is important that the parameters are entered as shown and departments are advised to refer regularly to this guidance.
RUNNING THE USER ACCESS DASHBOARD (PDF)
This guidance includes details of what to review on the User Access Dashboard and how to interpret the information on the cards and drill down data, it also provides information on what may need your attention and action.
WORKING WITH THE USER ACCESS DASHBOARD (PDF)
You must complete the XL Connect and Dashboard online training in order to be given access to the User Access Dashboard. The training covers how to:
- set-up the dashboard - download, save and set up the parameters for the first run;
- run the dashboard - prepare the dashboard, refresh and download the reports using XL Connect and update the dashboard;
- navigate around the dashboard
The training is overseen by the Training Team .
Search for the following course titles in CoSy:
- XL Connect
- XL Connect Dashboard
Common troubleshooting issues and solutions are listed in the XL Connect and Dashboard Troubleshooting (pdf).
If you or your team require any additional technical help and support regarding XL Connect or the User Access Dashboard please contact the FSSC Service Desk .
Alternatively your Divisional Finance team or the Financial Assurance team are also available to provide support and guidance.
XL CONNECT AND DASHBOARD TROUBLESHOOTING (PDF)
University of Oxford
Oxford, OX1 2ET
: Financial Assurance and Counter Fraud Team