The scheme includes:
- One household move only;
- A maximum of 26 weeks storage;
- For overseas appointees, insurance for goods in transit to Oxford to a normal maximum value of £100,000 (specific approval must be sought for a higher sum).
The scheme does not normally cover the cost of the following items however the department or division may decide to allow these costs at their discretion:
- Separate removal of individual items
- Removal of motor vehicles, livestock or pets
- Import of personal wine/alcohol
- In exceptional circumstances the University will pay for airline chargeable weight to be transported separately from the main household shipment. Any air freight costs will be deducted from the approved allowance.
Using the University's preferred supplier for removal
The University's preferred supplier, Robinsons will continue to assist with UK and international moves. Once an agreed allowance has been confirmed with the new employee, the new starter may choose to contact the preferred supplier if a removal quotation is required by the employee.
Email Robinsons: email@example.com
The supplier will then contact the new starter and arrange a visual survey, after which their quotes will be emailed. Should the new starter accept one of these quotes, the supplier will request that an acceptance form is completed, to include the name of the authorised person within the department to whom the invoice should be sent.
Special arrangements are in place with the Finance Division Payments Team meaning it is not necessary to set up a PO. When submitting an invoice, please quote the relevant supplier reference code on the invoice along with the full string for the GL cost code or project code:
New starters may decide to use a different removal company, but if this option is chosen, then it will be their responsibility to pay the removal company and seek reimbursement of these expenses through the usual expense claim process.