The following guidance is available on this page:
- Gaining access - the Oracle Financials access required to run the Month-End Dashboard and how to request this, and the Sharepoint link for the dashboards;
- Running the Month-End Dashboard - how to prepare and update the dashboard, the detailed report parameters to be used for the multiple reports and how to resubmit and download these; includes screenshots;
- Working with the Month-End Dashboard - how to navigate the dashboard, and points to consider and how to interpret the cards when reviewing the dashboard;
- Training for using the Month-End Dashboard - how to access the training required for using the dashboard;
- Technical help, XL Connect and Dashboard troubleshooting
|Minimum Oracle access required||Alternative (edit) access|
|XX General Ledger Enquiry||XX General Ledger Sal
XX General Ledger
|UO Payables Enquiry||XX Payables
XX Payables No Holds Release
UO Internal Trade User
|XX Projects Departmental User Enquiry||UO Projects Departmental User|
|UO Purchase Order Enquiry||UO iProcurement - Finance Preparer
UO Buyer Work Centre
|UO User Access Reports|
When you have completed the required XL Connect and Dashboard training you will be given access to the Sharepoint site where you will be able to download the dashboard, this link will be emailed to you and can also be accessed below:
It is important to set-up the dashboard correctly to enable the reports to run properly. The current dashboard was released in August 2019 and there have been a number of changes in how to run and use the dashboard since the previous iterations.
The first time you use the Month-End Dashboard some time investment is needed to set it up. This includes setting your responsibilities and entering the department(s) you want to run it for. When you subsequently run the dashboard, save a copy of this set up dashboard and only the date parameters will need updating. For future months, by saving a copy of the prior month's dashboard this will also then carry forward the charts data from the previous dashboards to show your department's trends.
This guidance includes full details of the Oracle responsibilities to be used for each report as well as detailed guidance on the correct report parameters. It is important that the parameters are entered as shown and departments are advised to refer regularly to this guidance.
You must complete the XL Connect and Dashboard online training in order to be given access to the Month-End Dashboard. The training covers how to:
- set-up the dashboard - download, save and set up the parameters for the first run;
- run the dashboard - prepare the dashboard, refresh and download the reports using XL Connect and update the dashboard;
- navigate around the dashboard
The training is overseen by the Training Team .
Search for the following course titles in CoSy:
- XL Connect
- XL Connect Dashboard