All capital projects and buildings over £100,000 are defined and managed as Fixed Assets.

Any changes, retirements or impairments of University buildings must be notified to the Fixed Asset Accountant as soon as possible by completing and sending the Asset Disposal and Amendment Form (46kb) accompanied by any relevant documentation.

Please refer to the Managing Capital Building Projects process for guidance on the process carried out by Estates Services with respect to major building works.

In some circumstances, a building may be purchased ready-built, with departmental funds, and therefore not fall in to the above processes. In these circumstances please contact the Fixed Asset Accountant, who will guide you through the process.

All purchases over the capitalisation limit need to adhere to the authorisation limits detailed in the Financial Regulations.

Call to action

Use this WYSIWYG to display the login button for a system, or a button to register for an event.


Contact us

Display contact details for your department or team here

Popular links