The University's Purchase to Pay process, tender process, and details on supplier set up & amendments
Purchase to Pay
The Purchase to Pay process describes the steps required when ordering, receiving and paying for goods or services.
The tender process is part of Purchase to Pay, and specifically relates to the purchase of goods and services between £25,000 and £100,000 (excl. VAT). A simplified process is available for use when tenders are sought only from preferred and contracted suppliers.
Supplier set up and amendments
Supplier Set Up and Amendments describes the process for adding or amending a supplier on Oracle Financials.
(Refer to the Estates Standing Orders for capital building projects)
- Uncapped indemnities are a highly undesirable risk position for the University.
- University policy dictates that no one can sign an agreement (under Chancellor Masters & Scholars legal entity) containing an uncapped indemnity, unless it has been approved by the Registrar.
- Every effort should be made to remove or reduce risk and you should only seek approval to accept an uncapped indemnity as a last resort, where all other avenues have been exhausted.
- A request to approve an uncapped indemnity should be sent to the Registrar via their Private Secretary, with contact details available: Professional services and University administration | Staff Gateway (ox.ac.uk)
- Any request must include the following essential information:
- Description of efforts made to negotiate an indemnity away
- Confirmation that the budget holder is prepared to accept the risk of the indemnity
- An assessment of how likely in practice, the circumstances giving rise to an indemnity claim are likely to arise
- Appropriate context/background should be given, to allow for clear and succinct communication.